June 2011 Web Tip
Our TCRA Annual Convention was a huge success! It was great to see so many reporters this past weekend.
Some of you had a few questions about "technology" issues and/or concerns. So I decided it might be nice to start a monthly communication with some helpful information to share with everyone.
Please email any time with any question you may have. It may just end up in one of these monthly letters!
How to "untag" a picture on your Facebook Wall
To remove a tag from a photo that someone else has tagged you in, view the photo and choose "remove tag" next to your name. The photo will no longer be linked to your profile.
Next, you may still want the picture completely removed from your wall for security reasons. Follow the steps below.
How do I remove a Wall post or story?
To remove a post or story from your Wall:
- Hover your mouse over the story or post in question.
- Click the "x" button that appears to the right of your post.
- Select "Remove Post" from the dropdown menu.
- Click "Remove Post."
Is there an option to approve a tag before I am tagged in a photo?
While you can't approve tags before they are created, you can control who sees tagged photos of you:
- From the Privacy Settings page, adjust the setting for "Photos and videos I'm tagged in." This limits who can see all tagged photos of you in one place.
- From the Account Settings page, turn on tag notifications so that you always know when someone tags you in a photo.
These monthly communications will be posted on my website and TCRA's website within two weeks of publication for fast, easy retrieval and reference for your future needs. Feel free to share these tips with your fellow reporters.
Remember to email with any questions you may have.
Lynette L. Mueller